Monday 4 January 2010

The rest of the holiday

The daily blog just didn't happen. But I thought I'd reflect on the MA learning I did over the holiday.

I suppose if you compare it to anything I've done before it's pretty good. However, if you add up all the work I did it wasn't. I think I should be pleased overall as I managed to do the bulk of the work. Currently, I sit on 3600 words. I have a vague plan about how I'm going to fill the rest of the words but there a lot of thinking to be done. I basically have a week left but realistically it's going to be done this weekend.

For the paper I've read and written about 15 articles on learner models that have reflection as their focus. In addition (and this was the hard bit) I've read about reflection theory from 4 or 5 sources. Some of this was easy but a lot of it was hard to understand. The hard part is knowing what's important for your study and what is not. This way you can avoid reading tons of interesting but useless stuff. I've also got the 15 or so articles I've read and googledoced before I decided on the focus. Those ones won't be used in the paper but I don't consider it wasted work as by reading these I was able to think about my focus.

Anway, it's nearly done but there still work to be done and done soon.

I wasn't able to really block out days and work solidly. There was a few hours here and there and a few days where nothing happened. Last weekend was a disappointment as very little happened. However, I was plesed with my progress from Xmas to new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment